- yacht registered under a EU-flag with the authorization by the Flag-State to be chartered;
- the Operator must (1) establish a physical branch in Greece , (2) be VAT registered in Greece and (3) obtain a Greek charter licence;
- the Operator has to name a fiscal representative and to register the yacht in the Greek charter yacht register;
- there is the obligation to have the yacht chartered with a minimum of 200 days over a 5 years reference period.
- The applicable rate is 24%, but reduced to 9,6% for foreign yachts entitled to perform international cruises for charter parties upon 3 days
- duration and starting in Greece;
- There is no Greek VAT to be paid for charter parties starting from other EU-member states, but the yacht must obtain a “Dilkito” from the authorities of the first port of entry and no change in the passengers list is allowed;
- Greek VAT applies in prorate basis in time for charter parties coming in from non EU countries.
- available for crewed yachts under the condition to be chartered at least 75 days during an 3 years reference period.
To avoid the pitalls of the complex Greek system , do no charter parties starting from Greece